VazhaPindi thoran | Banana Stem stir fry recipe
1 cup Banana stem (Vazhapindi- finely chopped)
Salt to taste
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
2 teaspoon Grated coconut
1 teaspoon Oil
1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds
1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
1 teaspoon Urid dal
1 sprig Curry leaves
1 Dry Red chili (broken)
A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing) – a pinch
Made it :
2. Cook the Vazhapindi in pressure cooker with little water, salt and turmeric. You can also cook it in a open pot till it becomes soft.
3. In a kadai, heat oil for tempering. Add the mustard seeds, urid dal, broken red chili, curry leaves and asafoetida (hing) powder.
4. Add the Vazhapindi and stir well.
5. Coarsely grind the grated coconut and cumin seeds and add to the above mixture.
6. Saute well and serve as a side dish for plain rice and sambar.
– You can add one green chili along with the coconut.
Thanks for read it…