loitta macher bengali recipe
- 500 gms Loitta maach cleaned and washed (Without head)
- 2 Large sized Onion (finely chopped)
- 12 to 15 clove of Garlic (finely chopped or grated)
- 10 to 12 green chili’s (need to add more chili to enhance the taste)
- 1 and ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander leaves (chopped)
- ½ tsp sugar Salt as per taste Mustard oil
- Cut the fish into 1-inch long pieces and take in a bowl and mix with turmeric powder and salt. Keep it aside.
- Heat generous amount of mustard oil (around 4 tbsp) in a nonstick pan and add chopped Onion and then Garlic. Fry them in medium heat until golden yellow.
- Now add chopped green chili and fry them for 3 to 4 minutes and add the marinated fish.
- Stir them very slowly in medium heat and since the fish will release enough water while cooking, it does not need any additional water. Keep frying with stirring slowly in regular interval until the fish cooked properly and the oil separates out from the mixture.
- Now add additional salt if required and sugar and mix it well. Slowly remove the central bone from the fish pieces which is a very easy task.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with piping hot boiled white rice.