How to made Yummy CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
CHICKEN TIKKA MASALA
1 cup plain yogurt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground red pepper
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 piece minced ginger (1-inch long)
6 bamboo skewers (6-inch)
And How to made SAUCE:
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno chile, minced
2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garam masala (buy in Indian market)
1⁄ 2 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 cup whipping cream
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
How To made it :
- Soak bamboo skewers in water.
- Thread chicken on skewers, and marinate (in the refrigerator) for an hour or so.
- Discard marinade.
- For sauce, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add garlic & jalapeno; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala & salt.
- Stir in tomato sauce.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream; simmer to thicken- about 5 minutes.
- Grill or broil chicken, turning occasionally, to cook through- about 8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from skewers; add to sauce.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro Serve with basmati rice, naan or pita bread.
- Note: You can make your own garam masala. McCormick also makes garam masala; it’s available in super markets.