How Fried fish & tomato curry
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus 2 tsp
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 8 large vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- thumb-sized piece ginger roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 165ml can coconut milk
- large handful coriander, finely chopped, plus extra sprigs to serve
- 500g pollock fillets, skinned
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- basmati rice, to serve
Made it :
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Tip in the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 8 mins until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, blitz the tomatoes, garlic and ginger in a food processor to a smooth purée. Add the curry paste to the onions and fry for 3 mins more. Stir in the tomato mix and simmer for 10 mins until thickened. Add the coconut milk and chopped coriander. Simmer again to thicken.
- Dust the fish fillets in some seasoned flour. Heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the fillets, in batches, over a high heat for 1 min or so on each side, until they begin to brown. Carefully place fish in the tomato mixture and simmer until just cooked through. Scatter over coriander sprigs and serve with rice.