How i made Yummy Spicy Chicken Curry
- 2 Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Tomato (diced or pureed)
- 3 Teaspoons Oil
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 sprig Curry Leaves
- ¼ teaspoons Cumin seeds
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro) – handful (finely chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- 1 kg Chicken
- 1/4 teaspoons Turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cSalt
- 1/2 Ginger
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 7 Shallots
- 3 Green Chilies
To roast and powder
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 10 Dry red chilies
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Black Peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons Fennel Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Poppy Seeds
Made it :
- Cut the chicken and cut it into medium size pieces. Marinate it with salt, lemon juice and turmeric powder for at least half an hour.
- Dry roast the ingredients under To Roast and Powder on low flame till everything turns golden brown in colour. After it cools make a powder of it and keep aside. Be careful not to burn it.
- Make a paste of the ingredients under To Crush. Keep this aside.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add the cumin seeds and bay leaf.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till it becomes brown in colour.
- Add the ground paste of shallots, ginger, garlic and green chilies and fry till the raw smell is gone.
- Add the marinated chicken and fry for few minutes. The chicken releases lot of water.
- Now add the tomato puree and the freshly powdered spices, required salt and water.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. By now the chicken pieces will be completely cooked.
- This is the right time to check for salt and other spices. Adjust anything if needed.
- Cook uncovered till the oil floats on top of the gravy.
- Add the finely chopped cilantro and fresh curry leaves and switch off. Keep the gravy covered till you are ready to serve.