Cambodian Red Curry Chicken Wings
- 3 Teaspoons. canola oil
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- 2 shallots
- 4 clove garlic
- 2 stalk lemongrass
- 2 Teaspoon. minced ginger
- 2 small dried chiles de árbol
- 2 Teaspoon. soy sauce
- 1 Teaspoon. Asian fish sauce
- 1 Teaspoon. ground cumin
- 1 Teaspoon. ground coriander
- ½ Teaspoon. paprika
- ½ Teaspoon. freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ Teaspoon. ground turmeric
- 1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- kosher salt
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. In 2 batches, cook the wings over moderate heat, turning, until golden all over. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the skillet with the shallots, garlic, lemongrass, and ginger; cook over low heat, stirring, until softened, 3 minutes. Stir in the chiles, soy sauce, fish sauce, cumin, coriander, paprika, nutmeg, and turmeric and cook until fragrant, 3 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk. Transfer to a blender and puree the sauce.
- Return the sauce to the skillet. Add the chicken and toss to coat. Cover and cook over low heat until the wings are cooked through, 10 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thick, 5 minutes. Season with salt. Transfer to a platter and serve with lime wedges.